The 100th year in Media Education i.e., 2020.
We had an innate desire to arrange a huge MEET of Media Teachers at the same platform this year to throw light upon varied dimensions of Media. Due to this pandemic ‘COVID’, it couldn’t be done. It was a well-thought plan to bring forward the October to December 2020 issue specifically based upon the completion of hundred years of Media Education. Henceforth, whosoever is interested in the most important & contemporary topic ‘Media Education’s 100 years’ shall feel free to submit their research papers and articles not more than 3000 words. This very issue of ‘Communication Today’ shall be the first one to focus upon the Historical practices of Media Education followed by different challenges in the field of Media Education and opportunities of Media Education in the context of National Education Policies in the Digital Age.
In the last 23 years, till March 2020, I have got 74 issues beautifully carved about 9800 pages of ‘Communication Today'( A Bilingual Media Quarterly) published. It includes 04 SPECIAL EDITIONS:-
- पत्रकारिता एवं जनसंचार साहित्य संदर्भिका
- Human Rights and Media
- A Compendium of Code of Conduct for Media Professionals
- Whither Journalism and PR Education
The second and third joint issues (April-Sept 2020) of the 24th year would be on CoVID19 and Media and expected to be published in the first week of October 20.
I am happy to announce a few milestones in this literary journey:-
- A student submitted her dissertation on its 11-year journey under the guidance of Prof. Sarabjeet Singh of Journalism in Punjab Agriculture University, Ludhiana.
- Another student of Mahatma Gandhi International Hindi University, Wardha is also preparing his dissertation on Communication Today &
- In the year 2011, the Public Relations Council of India awarded the ‘Golden Award in External Magazine ‘category for contributing quality research papers in the field of media and public relations in its global meet at Chandigarh.
Note: It will be perfect to receive articles & research papers latest by 30th September 2020.